Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Bahs-tahn

Well, we're here...but that's about all I can say at the moment. I'm sitting in the middle of piles of our junk in what could one day become our living room. I spent the last four days with my in-laws in constant presence and am glad to be alone for a moment...unjudged. Moving in wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but parking is--our current tickets total $40 for day one. Sheeze! Good thing we sold our house before we left. 

My brain is really fuzzy with all this and I still don't think it's hit me that we are here...we are moved. Although you'd think it would have occurred to me what with all the disarray around me now.  I will post pictures when I have a second (and figure out how). 

4 comments:

April Barber said...

I can't wait to see pictures! I also can't wait until you pick up hints of the accent yourself :)

Laura said...

I had to read the title out loud to get it! Hope all is well.

jessica said...

glad the move went well. we miss you already!

G. Twilley said...

Yeah, strange how larger cities seem to fund their coffers by sticking it to new residents by means of the parking ticket.

I'm not making this up - we literally spent hundreds of dollars last year in tickets (of various sorts, including picking a rental from the impound lot after it had been towed).

Looking forward to being updated on your exploits in bean town.