Tuesday, April 8, 2008

there are rox in my sox

okay, so crazy has descended upon our neighborhood. what was a mere mention in my former post has become a "holy shit" in my world today. i stepped out of my front door moments after my earlier post only to find strange and familiar sights and sounds around me: sox fans...by the drones. the aroma of dip cans and hot dogs filled the air amid the cold and sweaty mass rushing toward the stadium--filling every sidewalk and roadway this side of mass avenue. helicopters swirled above and tiny prop planes circled with their banner-ads and i almost thought i was back in panama city beach...yeehaw. it wasn't until the fighter jets did their fly-by that i was convinced how mad this city truly is. after re-routing myself to another t station for my downtown errands, (since my usual one requires me to walk down yawkey way, the veritable runway of crazy), i found the whole entire city to be consumed with these red sox. 

i like all kinds of sox and i'm not sure i'm going to be devoted to red ones more than any other kind. after all, what if i want to wear purple...?


1 comment:

Amanda said...

"the veritable runway of crazy" ... you are so funny, amy.

welcome to boston, eh?