Thursday, April 24, 2008

Out of Office

So today seems a little brighter. I think moving my "office" to ULA Cafe is better than sitting inside our dark little apt every morning. I linked it here if you want to check it out. ULA! It's funny--I'm less than 1/2 mile from the Sam Adams Brewery from my studio (and is on the other side of the building from ULA), but you'd never know it b/c it's such a modest building in the middle of a neighborhood. Somehow I would expect some neon somewhere, but maybe old Sammy is just a step above the rest...The whole area around here is very unassuming as well. This particular place reminds me of the Pepper Place area, but bigger...and this little cafe was such a welcome oasis from the myriad of Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts on every corner. Blech. If America runs on Dunkin' then we are screwed.

I don't have much to say this morn, as I usually end up figuring out what I'm writing as I sit here, much like how I process my thoughts in any conversation. Nothing comes to mind that I should bore you with today so I'll write more later.
Maybe I'll try to figure out how to post pics...? Don't be hating on them either, I took some where we still didn't have all of our junk put up yet. It's hard to go from 1500sf to 600sf! Comments on each pic is below it...

This is what you see when you walk into our apt and do a 180...
This is the view from our hallway into the living room. The kitchen is next to it, but apparently I didn't take a pic of it...yet.
This is the view into our alcove from the LR. This is also the room that you guys can shack up in when you come stay with us. I even put up curtains for privacy...haha. These pictures look so junky now that I've posted them...
This is my studio. Which IS junky...but that's how I roll. This is shot from the far wall from where you come in.
This is another shot of where the magic happens...
This is the outside of our building...I love that we have birds on it, which I found out are called Griffins. The irony would be conceiving little Griffin here sometime next year...or next. or the next...
And this is where we are relative to downtown Boston...
And a zoomed shot of what we see from our apt. 

So I hope you enjoyed the slideshow. I'll post some pics of the green monstah and some of the red sox action at some point as well. I know I have those pics, but I'm not sure where they are...

Oh, and I learned some html code for updating my website if you get the chance to peruse the store...www.olariastudio.com

2 comments:

MaryMartha said...

Hey! Love the pictures! Your place looks fun. I'm so excited to hear everything you experience.
I need to check out your website stuff and buy something before you sky-rocket the prices for those Swanky Boston folks:)
Love ya!

Laura said...

Glad I could get a preview of my room. :)