Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Three.

...Oh it's a magic number...

I think I prefer the original version of that song to the newer Lemonheads version, but you can have a different opinion if you like. School house rock definitely rocked and I know I loved any opp to watch a video in class, save for the projector types. Something inevitably went wrong and though we would get all excited about doing something other than spelling words (or worse, science), when my teacher would lose patience and kill the filmatic festivities for the day. The best days were the rainy days that included videos though. Ahhh, I can almost smell the crayons and old carpet of my middle school. I could write blogs and blogs about those days, but I shall spare you...for now.

Where was I? Oh yeah. Three. Today marks mine and Ash's THREE year wedding anniversary. It seems like much longer and much shorter all at the same time. I remember the day so well. Right up until I walked into the church. Thank God for DVRs, am I right? What I love about being married to Ashley is his heart. He teaches me so much in how he loves people, and really cares about them. His expression of it is imperfect, of course. I think anytime God tries to show His face in us outwardly, there is enough of us that gets in the way. But he is sincere, tender and tough (most of you are familiar enough with his wit as well). He is not afraid to love what and who he loves. It's hard for me to imagine my life without him or really remember myself before him at times. I have found understanding and companionship with him that were only promises, and still are this side of heaven. I feel like I can see more clearly the heart of God b/c of our relationship. For those of you who know me, it's hard to be that ooshy about it, but that's how I feel. Yay.

And here is a pic from our Memorial Day trip up the coast to Rockport, a quintessential New England fishing village on Cape Ann. It was a most perfect weekend to get away here and though the temperature was incredible, the water was ICY, so no swimming, with exception of the man in the bikini style speedo.  The train ride back was entertaining as a certain yokel cursed the MBTA the entire way back, paused with intervals of opera-esque stylings, and other passengers got pissed off about not being able to move away from her since the train was so full. Fun times.

If you want more info on Rockport, click here.
Cheers.

4 comments:

susan said...

Happy Happy Anniversary!

Jenny Jones said...

I am so amazed at how you can put such great use of words to describe God's gift to you!! I adore both of you and am so proud to call you my BFF!!

April Barber said...

I LOVE Rockport. So glad you went there.

I love God's gift of Ashley to you! What a beautiful description of your relationship with him.

CanCan said...

Rockport ON!