Monday, May 19, 2008

New Post

So I had my first show here in Boston this weekend, along with some really nice weather, even though this has been a very cold spring. Wearing my "big coat" on May 15th is not my idea of spring weather, so it felt great to have a few hours in a tank top. Woot woot. The show went pretty smoothly, made some cash, even met some friends, so I had a pretty productive go of it. I feel like I'm coming out of a little bit of the winter of discontent I've been in since we arrived. Cabin fever takes on a whole new meaning up here. People don't seem to take a moment of good weather for granted. It was nice to have a bit of somewhat sincere socializing this weekend with everyone out and about. It's funny to talk about the weather here. In the South, it seems kind of arbitrary and boring to do it, but here people can't help but talk about it b/c it either sucks or is awesome. Funny like that. There are just as many strange people that come to these craft shows here as down South. Strange people, and not the kind that ask why my stuff doesn't have stars and moons on it or tell me what I should be doing with my craft. And they say really awkward things, which is definitely more enjoyable if Ash is there to laugh with me silently. There was also a chick that made 'unique' dog collars and had them displayed on her fake life-size dog at her booth. The entertaining part of it was watching every dog that walked by it sniff its ass, and couple of small dogs actually tried to mount it, which didn't work on a number of levels. Two dogs even started fighting over it. Okay, so maybe we were bored.

Last weekend, we got to hang out with our good friends Gene and Laura. We had fun doing a little "andare a zonzo" up and down the red line and through the North End. We found a great pastry shop too. This pic is us on the dock...and sadly, the first time Ash and I have seen the water despite living right beside it. Sheeze! He's the guy on the right who looks like Mr. Rogers...















The rest are of us enjoying our cannolis. MMM!


2 comments:

Amanda said...

i love that last shot of you. it says, "i'm one bad ass, cannoli-eating bostonian."

Jenny Jones said...

I love the new post!! The dogs crack me up!! Wish I could've been there! Can't wait to talk to you!!
Love ya!